On behalf of the Scientific Committees of WFPICCS 2022 / 11th Congress of the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive & Critical Care Societies, we would like to thank you for submitting your work for presentation. The online submission and evaluation process will be administered by the Congress Organising Secretariat.
The late breaking abstract submission period ended on April 25, 2022.
(The deadline on the online submission system is seen as April 26, 2022, 00:59, since the system servers are located at GMT+3 time zone.)
Please make sure to check the time difference with your local time to determine the submission deadline according to your local time.
Please take a moment to read the guidelines below before submitting your abstract:
LATE BREAKING ABSTRACT GUIDELINES
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail will not be included in the abstract review process.
- Use acronyms only when necessary and define all abbreviations and concepts in your abstract at first use.
- Always make sure to check the final abstract with the system’s preview function before submission, and edit or replace as necessary. It is the authors’ responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- The submitting and presenting authors are required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before the submission.
- Only the abstracts of presenting authors who have completed their registrations and paid their registration fees by the registration deadline for abstract presenters (May 27, 2022) will be included in the Scientific Programme, in the PDF abstract book and the WFPICCS 2022 Supplement issue of the PCCM (Pediatric Critical Care Medicine) Journal.
ABSTRACT PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION ON THE SYSTEM
- Topic/Sub-Topic: A main topic and a sub-topic that are relevant to your abstract must be selected during Step 1 of the submission process. The Scientific Committees reserve the right to change the topics during the abstract review process.
The topics for WFPICCS 2022 are listed on the Congress website. Please CLICK HERE to review the topics before proceeding with the submission process.
- Presentation type: Please choose one of the following.
– E-Poster presentation
– Oral presentation
The Scientific Committees reserve the right to change the presentation type according to the requirements of the scientific programme.
- The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the “department” and “institution” names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Univ., Inst., Hosp., etc. The department and institution details, city and country should be written with lower case while the initials of each word in capitals.
• Enter each affiliation only once: i.e., if there are 5 authors and 3 of whom are from same affiliation and 2 of whom are from another, you will have 2 institutions, NOT 5. However, if there are 2 or more departments at the same institution represented, they should be entered separately.
• If any of the authors have more than one affiliation, enter both affiliations in a compounded style as one affiliation: i.e., if there are 5 authors and 2 of whom are from same affiliation (Institute A), 2 of whom are from another (Institute B), and 1 of whom is from both affiliations (Institutes A and B), you will have 3 institutions, NOT 5 or NOT 2. (First institution: Institute A, second one: Institute B and the third one: Institute A & Institute B).
• Please make sure to include the City and Country information at the end for each institution. For US, please make sure to enter the country information as “United States” or “US” after writing the state name or its abbreviation. For UK, please write the country name as “United Kingdom” or “UK”.
- First, middle and last names of all the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order. Please pay attention to match the institutions to the right authors, and make sure that you select the “presenting author” correctly.
- Please enter the presenting author’s contact information correctly.
It’s highly important for you to ensure that the e-mail address of the presenting author is entered correctly, as all communication regarding abstract acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be sent to the presenting author via e-mail by the Congress Organising Secretariat.
- Abstract titles may contain a maximum of 250 characters.
- Titles should not be written in all capitals.
• Abstract Body: Abstract body should not exceed 250 words. The title of the abstract, authors, institutions and keywords are not included in this limit, and those should not be entered in this section.
• Abstract body should consist of the four sections given below:
– Background and Aim
• In order to be compatible with the universal coding system, only the special characters indicated on the system should be used. Please note that abstracts which include other special characters may not be displayed correctly in the publications due to the coding systems.
- Minimum 1 keyword is required and maximum 6 keywords can be entered.
- All keywords should be separated with comma (,). Please do NOT use comma for anything else in the keywords section.
- Images, tables, diagrams and graphs are allowed. You can only upload one image and/or one table.
- The submitting authors are required to preview the abstract at this step and confirm the preview at this step.
- If you have any comments and/or additional information to be shared with the Scientific Committees, you may enter these details in the comment box.
- Some questions about profession, career level, and possible award applications are being asked at this step. It is required to answer all questions before submitting your abstract. Please select/check your answer and then click on the “Choose”button for each one.
- If you have not completed all required sections of your abstract, you won’t see the submission button. Only after completing all required fields, the submission button will be enabled for you.
• Please do NOT submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
• Please make sure to save your username and password for future use. If you cannot remember your credentials, please get in contact with the Congress Organising Secretariat at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• You can make edits on your abstract before submitting it to the Scientific Committee. After the submission is completed, no edits will be allowed on the system even if there is time until the deadline. In that case, if you have to make some edits on your abstract after submitting but before the submission deadline, with the Congress Organising Secretariat at (email@example.com).
REVIEW PROCESS AND ACCEPTANCE LETTERS
All submitted abstracts will be scored and pass through a review process after the submission closes. The notification letters about acceptance of the abstracts will be sent at the end of May 2022.
REGISTRATION OF ABSTRACT PRESENTERS
The presenting authors must be registered for the Congress by June 5, 2022, which is the registration deadline for abstract presenters.
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any specific inquiries.